Add on Windows license

Hello,

My apologies if this is answered somewhere else. I've been a 1Password user on Mac for several years and have recommended it to many peers. I also only the iOS version for iPad and iPhone. I've just now found a need to have 1Password for Windows. Is there a discounted license option for those who already own several versions of the product? I saw references for 50% off in the past for existing customers but I assumed those have all expired. I just wondered if there was any hope of having another sale. Had I known I would have needed the Windows version in the future I would have bought it then.

Thanks and please continue the awesome work.

Matt

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Matt, welcome to the forum!

Please use the Upgrade license link under 1Password for Mac in our online store. You'll enter your existing 1Password for Mac license and get a great deal on a 1Password for Windows license.

Thank you for using 1Password!
  • jdporter
    jdporter
    Community Member
    What happens when you have purchased two licenses?? I own a 1password for windows family and 1password for Mac single, would like to upgrade to 1Password for Mac + Windows Bundle - Family
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, jdporter. You only need to upgrade your Mac license to a Family License:

https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade?product_id=100

There is no need to repurchase a Windows Family license (as part of a bundle).

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that a 1Password purchase on the Mac App Store comes with a free upgrade to version 4 when it is available, though.

https://agilebits.com/downloads/1Password/MacAppStore

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The licensing terms of the Mac App Store are very similar to our own Family License. From Macworld's Mac App Store FAQ:[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"You can install apps bought from the Mac App Store on any and every Mac that you personally own and use."[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"Apps don't check to see if you've using an iTunes-authorized Mac. They can ask you to verify your Apple ID and password, but that's a single check and it's just to verify you are who you say you are. Once your identity is verified, that's it. There's no authorizing or deauthorizing or counting of different Macs."[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"Apps are purchased for and owned by a user linked to a single Apple ID. But if you log in with that ID on all the Macs in your household, you can download and install your apps on each one."[/font]

http://www.macworld...._store_faq.html

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I can't think of any circumstances offhand in which a MAS license of [/font]1Password for Mac[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] would be any more restrictive than our Family license.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.[/font]
This discussion has been closed.