Emergency Kit is Misleading - 2FA fail

sitepodmatt
sitepodmatt
Community Member
edited February 2021 in Business and Teams

Emergency kit is misleading if you have 2FA enabled.

It should at least come with warning saying "Since your account appears to have 2FA enabled (at time of generation of this pdf), you will need a backup of the 2FA QR code or setup key, or still have access to another device with the 2FA code, to fully recover your account autonomously. Please note the QR code below, confusing as it is, isn't your 2FA QR code,"

The warning should happen as a modal pop-up at generation, and as disclaimer on the PDF, imo.

How many people think they are covered by the emergency kit but simply aren't, many many I guess, perhaps this was designed at a time when 2FA wasn't fully supported, or usage of 2FA was minimal across the 1password user base?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ksook
    ksook
    Community Member

1password log in

• ksook
    ksook
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

Removed for your safety!

~ag_tommy

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2021

@ksook

I removed that screenshot as it appeared you may have included part of your Emergency Kit. Do you have any questions that we can help you with?

• @sitepodmatt

If you're part of a 1Password Business membership your IT team should be able to assist. Otherwise, we'd need to put you in touch with our security team. In that case please reach out to support+security@1password.com from the email address associated with your 1Password membership.

• @sitepodmatt

Just merely making a point if anyone was experiencing the situation, they should contact their admin or contact us for assistance. You can also write the 2FA information on my emergency paperwork. 2FA is not enabled when someone initially prints their Emergency Kit. It certainly needs more thought given on how to best address this.

• ksook
    ksook
    Community Member

I.don't know

• ksook
    ksook
    Community Member

I.don't know

• @ksook

We're here to help. If you prefer something more one-on-one, please contact us using support@1Password.com and we'll do our best to help. You are free to use either medium that works for you. We do not answer account questions here in the community. For those types of questions, you'll need to write to us using the email address above.

• ksook
    ksook
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

• @ksook

Please provide us with a few details on how we can assist you. Do you have trouble with your Master Password? What kind of problems are you having?

This discussion has been closed.