Odd Preferences Toolbar Icons

TheMacMommy
TheMacMommy
Community Member

Take a look at the General tab and the Watchtower tab. The issue persists despite restarting.

1Password Version: 7.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Sync Type: cloud

Comments

• @TheMacMommy

Your post shows that you're using our beta. I'm going to move this over to our beta section to ensure it gets the visibility it needs.

• TheMacMommy
    TheMacMommy
    Community Member

I thought I had selected the beta discussion. Thank you for moving it. I wonder if anyone else sees the same thing.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2021

@TheMacMommy

No worries, I am glad I could help out.

I do not see the same behavior. I am perpetually on the beta and using Big Sur, but I noticed you're on Catalina. I gave it a go in one of my VM's and could not reproduce the behavior. Perhaps one of the developers or another user has knowledge that may help.

Have you tried replacing the app to rule that out?

• The link below is a direct download to the current beta.
    1. Quit all open web browsers.
    2. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
    3. Drag 1Password from the Applications folder to the Trash. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
    4. Restart the Mac.
    5. Download the latest beta version of 1Password.
    6. Quit any open web browsers and then install 1Password.
    7. Open and unlock 1Password before opening your web browser.
  • TheMacMommy
    TheMacMommy
    Community Member

I’ve been inching towards that method, but needed to get organized first. I still have a Primary vault because I upgraded from a standalone license to a Families sub. I’m not yet comfortable with losing that and placing all faith in the cloud. Getting there though. My iOS version crashes each time I try to delete a vault so I know that a re-installation is in my future, I just need to find the time to do both re-installs. I have a complex setup. Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll report back any changes.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @TheMacMommy, let us know how it goes :+1:

This discussion has been closed.