I want to use 1Password with Quicken program on my PC. I need open and fill something to work

Is there an item choice to open a desktop shortcut to a local program?
and then supply a password when requested in a popup window?

Specifically, I have a local program [C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\qw.exe] to open which selects a data file and asks for a data file password with a popup. I tried the seeming plausible 1Password items and failed to discover how to use open and fill this way, or even just open the shortcut target to copy and paste from there on.

As an aside, FYI:
if I change a bank user name or password Quicken will use a popup different from the logon one associated with the data file to make sure they are allowed to get bank data for me. Quicken indicates they have a scheme with a third party where Quicken must ask me for changed bank related credentials to get my bank account data and neither they nor the third party can un-hash anything and find out a bank id and password. This surprised me but is possible and good security wise.

1Password Version: 7.6.791
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1909 (Bld 18363.1316)
Sync Type: ??
Referrer: forum-search:I want to use 1Password with Quicken program on my PC. I need open and fill something to work

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CharlesMHoward,

If you have a standalone Quicken application, where you want to fill your credentials, please try to drag them from 1Password 7/1Password mini on your PC. Here is how you can do it:

Fill details in apps (Windows)

Let me know how it works for you. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.