remove a guest

Options
vishalsheth
vishalsheth
Community Member

I've added a guest but now I would like to remove that person. How can I do it? I only see option suspend person.

https://support.1password.com/guests/ - This link says remove guests.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:remove a guest

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vishalsheth!

Have you tried the instructions under the Remove a guest section of that article? They show you how to remove a guest, rather than suspending:

1. Sign in to your account on the 1Password website.
    2. Click People in the sidebar, then click the name of the guest to remove.
    3. Click More Actions, then click Remove Person and follow the onscreen instructions
  • vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

There no option called "remove". There's only suspend and delete. See the attachment.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vishalsheth:

Thank you for the screenshot! Are you an Owner of this account? Without more information, it looks like you are missing the permissions to make this change.

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Yes, I'm owner of this account. I'm talking about user to be removed.

I added a guest and now I want to remove him and add as family. This is what I'm trying to do. It would have been nice if I could have the option to directly convert the user to family.

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

It would be great if a guest account could be converted to family and family to guest through a click.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vishalsheth:

My apologies for not having noticed this before: Delete is indeed the option you are looking for. It does remove a guest from your account, so it looks like this is not a permission issue after all :)

It would be great if a guest account could be converted to family and family to guest through a click.

Thank you for the feedback! I can see how this could be useful to you :+1:

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

So should go ahead and delete the person and then freshly add him as family. The person would have to go through the setup process again, right?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vishalsheth:

That is correct, they will receive a new Emergency Kit with a new Secret Key. The sign in address will remain the same, and they will have the option to choose the same Master Password if they prefer, but it will be technically a new account.

This discussion has been closed.