I’m going to reset Windows 10. Which preparations should I take for 1Password?

I’m going to uninstall and reset my harddisk. I don’t want to loose my 1Passworddata. What is the best way to do it?

1Password Version: 7.6.791
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: None
Referrer: forum-search:Reinstall windows 10 and 1Password

Comments

• Blake
    edited February 2021

Hi @Nietap 👋

In the event you have a 1Password Membership and no local/standalone vaults, then the only thing you need to make sure you have before nuking your current Windows 10 installation is your Emergency Kit

Your Emergency Kit contains everything you need to get logged right back into 1Password after you're finished resetting Windows, and all of your data will be there waiting for you once you do! 😊

• Nietap
    Nietap
    Community Member

Thank you very much, Blake. I rest easy knowing that it will be alright.

• Hey there @Nietap,

I'm glad my colleague @Blake was able to help out! If you haven't yet done so, I would suggest signing into your 1Password account at 1Password.com - ensuring you type in the Master Password manually instead of autofilling it from 1Password - and ensure that all your data is appearing there. That will ensure that your data will be accessible after you reset your harddrive. If you have any questions, let us know and we'll be glad to help out. :smile:

• Nietap
    Nietap
    Community Member

Hello Dayton_ag,

Thank you very much. I’m going to do the job tomorrow and I’ll follow your suggestions. I’ll let you know! :)

• We'll be right if you need help! 😊

• Nietap
    Nietap
    Community Member

Hello Blake, I'm going to reinstall 1Password on my pc, but I'm not shure of what I must fill in under signin website. Could you help me? I've tried https://my.1Password.com but no succes.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Nietap:

Typically the sign in address you entered is the correct one. Certain accounts can have a custom address however, but you can see which one yours is in your Emergency Kit :)

• Nietap
    Nietap
    Community Member

I'm in!! Thanks for your help! Have a great day!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @Nietap! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.