Save "remember me" check box when updating login - also an issue when saving new login

Lately I've been wanting to save the "Remember me" checkbox status on more of my logins, since few if any have the status saved in my 1Password. (To be clear, I want to save them with a CHECKED status.) But I've been finding that it didn't work. Today I realized it doesn't work because I'm updating existing logins. So here's what I would do:

• Go to a website, use 1Password to fill the login form.
  • Check the "Remember me" (or whatever it may be called) checkbox
  • Click on the 1Password icon in Chrome, click on the Settings cog, click on "Save new login", and choose "Update existing" to update my existing login.
  • Nothing. No web form details would change in the login, "remember me" checkbox status would not be filled on next use.

Today I realized that if I follow the same steps, EXCEPT instead of choosing "Update existing", if I choose "Create New" and save a whole new login, then it DOES save the "remember me" checkbox status and will fill it on next use.

FYI this is on Windows 10 in both Chrome and Firefox on multiple websites, with the plain "1Password" browser extension + the Windows desktop app (I don't use 1PasswordX). Couple of website examples: https://www.paperbackswap.com, https://www.schoolsfirstfcu.org

So, 1) Improvement request - is it possible to pretty please make the "Update existing" process save things like the "remember me" checkbox into the web form details just like it does when saving a new login?

2) In testing this, I noticed that if I fill a login form from 1Password and then "Create New", it doesn't save the password in the normal password field - that's just blank. But it does save it below in a section labeled "Saved on www.website.com".

Is that normal/unavoidable? If I manually enter the password (type it or paste it) before creating the new login, then it will save it like normal.

So all of this makes it a bit of a faff to get more of my logins to save the "remember me" checkboxes on websites - remember that I need to first get the password from 1Password then manually enter the password instead of filling from 1Password - then save a NEW login - then check that it worked as expected, and copy extra website URLs, notes, tags, etc. from the old login to the new one. And what about Linked Apps? If I have Linked Apps (e.g. Android app) saved in a login, is it even possible to copy that info to a new login?

Definitely would be a TON easier to have the "Update existing" process just save the "remember me" checkbox! 😊

3) This is SO incredibly minor, but I just noticed this... I feel like on the "Save Login" prompt, the capitalization should be consistent - if "Create New" then "Update Existing" instead of "Update existing". 🤷‍♀️

1Password Version: 7.6.791
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @somegirl!

I'm able to reproduce the behavior!

At first, I created an entry without enabling the box "Remeber me" and no matching web form was saved for this.

After that, I created another entry with "Remember me" enabled and a matching web form was saved.

Now I tried to update the existing entry which I created at first. So again I enabled the box "Remember me" and selected to update the entry. But the matching web form was not added into this entry. :(

I'm using 1Password desktop app 7.6.791 (beta channel) and Vivaldi browser 3.6.2165.36 (Stable channel) (64-Bit) together with the 1Password classic extension 4.7.5.90.

I think this is a bug and the 1Password devs should take a look at it. :+1:

• Dayton_ag
    edited February 2021

Hi there @somegirl, welcome to the 1Password Community! 🎉

Thanks so much for writing in with this issue, and thanks to @DenalB for confirming you're seeing this too. I've done some work on my end and can confirm this behavior as well. I can't make any promises for future changes to 1Password, but I have filed an internal issue with this feedback and passed it along to the Development team for their consideration. :chuffed:

ref: /dev/windows/opw/-/issues/#4968

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks @Dayton_ag ! :)

• somegirl
    somegirl
    Community Member

Thanks @Dayton_ag , I shall hope for the best!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Dayton_ag, you are very welcome @somegirl :)

This discussion has been closed.