Had to sign in with old Master p/w, which gave me previous 1Password version. How do I shovel out?

Options
texan63
texan63
Community Member

I received a prompt to update my version of 1Password. When I clicked, was told that I was registered under previous Apple ID, unable to update. I then canceled out the 1Password icon on my iPad. I then selected 1Password on the iPad App Store and tried to open it. My current Master password was not accepted. I tried previous Master p/w and it opened a previous version of the 1Password app. My iMac and iPhone still have the newer version: 7.7. How do I sync this iPad to this 7.7, that the iPad previously had?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Previous AppleID/update 1Password gave me problems

Comments

• @texan63

I most often see this occur when someone has moved to one of our membership offerings, and they have inadvertently left a Primary vault on their device. The Primary vault can open with a different (old) Master Password. Do you see a Primary vault on your iPad? Are you using one of our memberships? Do you have the membership account added to the iPad?

If not, you'll likely want to add the account to the iPad and remove the Primary vault.

Add your account to a device.

--

1. Check to make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit.

2. If needed copy or move any items from your Primary vault to your membership vault (Personal/Private) that are not already present. * Please be sure you have the most up to date information in your Personal vault.

3. Remove the Primary vault.

• texan63
    texan63
    Community Member
    Options

OK I will work on this after Dr. appt and supper. Thanks for the info- I’ll be back!

• @texan63

Sounds good. Let us know what you find, and if we can help, we're here for that too. :wink:

• texan63
    texan63
    Community Member
    Options

I’m still stuck with old Master p/w on the iPad (Air, iOS 12.5.1). I have one account, Travis, that is ver. 7.7 and has all of my items, 162. But I don’t know how to use it: how do I get to the page where I can click on logins, credit cards, etc? Sorry about my low know-how on 1Password navigation. But, here I am, asking for help. Thanks, Travis

• texan63
    texan63
    Community Member
    Options

Two screen shots from iPad , Travis

• texan63
    texan63
    Community Member
    Options

I logged in to my.1password.com with the latest Master p/w and got this. Does this mean the iPad is up to date? If so, can you lead me to setting up accounts & vaults appropriate for a single user, seasoned citizen? Thanks, Travis

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@texan63:

But I don’t know how to use it: how do I get to the page where I can click on logins, credit cards, etc?

If you look on your iPad when you are inside the 1Password app, at the bottom of the screen you will see a menu with "Favorites", "Categories", "Tags" and "Settings". If you select Categories from that list, you will see a list of all your items :)

• texan63
    texan63
    Community Member
    Options

Ok- I’ll try after swimming!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @texan63, let us know how it goes! :)

This discussion has been closed.