Why am I having to put my secret key in each time I log in to my account.

DickJohnson
DickJohnson
Community Member

My system has suddenly started asking me for my Secret Key every time I log into my 1Password account. Previously all I had to do was put in my Master Password. Any thoughts as to what I have done? I am using a Surface Pro 2 and my server is Brave

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why am I having to put my secret key in each time I log in to my account.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DickJohnson! Welcome to the forum!

Where is this happening exactly? Is this happening in the 1Password for Windows app, or on the website?

• DickJohnson
    DickJohnson
    Community Member

Hi Thanks for coming back. I go into the !Password web site and it then goes into this screen that asks for my e mail, secret password and master password.
    Thanks in advance
    Dikc

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@DickJohnson Do you have the 1Password extension installed and enabled in Brave? Do you have Brave set to delete cookies on exit?

• Thanks for the assist @missingbits

@DickJohnson Please let us know how it goes. If you're having trouble, the entire community is at your disposal. Ask away! :chuffed:

• DickJohnson
    DickJohnson
    Community Member

Hi Tommy
    Thanks for your advice. All fixed
    Best wishes
    Dick

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear @DickJohnson, thank you for the update :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.