Is there a way to force an immediate sync?

Options
_beowulf
_beowulf
Community Member

I often need to create credentials on my Mac that I then need to use soon after on my iPhone or iPad, but sometime have to wait several minutes before syncing occurs. Is there a way that I can trigger a sync immediately upon creating a new entry in the 1password app on Mac? I thought there used to be a button I could click to do this?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 70700015
OS Version: 11.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• MacAdvisor
    MacAdvisor
    Community Member
    Options

I always find that if I re-start my Mac and then open 1Password then it instantly syncs.
    Otherwise, I can wait, and wait, and wait (up to several days for a sync).
    Agreed -- its a bit of a pain for not having a SYNC button in the UI.
    Hope that helps!

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021
    Options

@MacAdvisor

From the other topic you posted, you are using one of our memberships. We are investigating reports of our notifier being blocked at the device or network level. The notifier looks for data changes. If you want to trigger a sync switching vaults and then back again has been reported to wake it up.

• _beowulf
    _beowulf
    Community Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

@ag_tommy

Thanks, but sync is working fine, I'd just like to be able to trigger it immediately instead of waiting for it to kick-in. I think your second suggestion might be a good work-around. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

• Sounds like a plan!

• dpfaber
    dpfaber
    Community Member
    Options

A "Sync Now" button would be outstanding. Thanks!

• _beowulf
    _beowulf
    Community Member
    Options

Funny thing is, they have one in the iOS versions. Why not just port it to MacOS too?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for letting us know @dpfaber! Noted :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@_beowulf:

I am not a developer, so I cannot comment on what it would take to bring the same feature to macOS I am afraid. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on this though!

This discussion has been closed.