1P doesn’t recognize my app

French22
French22
Community Member

Hi,

I am not sure how to fix this: when I open an app, touch on the password field and instead of having 1Password offering me to login right away after touching at the top of my keyboard with my stored password, it just ask me if I want to look at 1Password or iCloud library and then it doesn’t even suggest the password of the app (second screenshot with red block).

It happens to me in various apps. I would appreciate your help to fix this issue for all my apps where this happen.

Thanks!

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

Hi @French22

I also have a few apps which are not recognized and suggested when trying to auto-fill. Often it helps to add a website to such entries, but this doesn't help for all apps.

As a workaround you could set entries as favorites, so they will be displayed at the top of the suggestions, and you don't have to search for them.

Also, you could try to add a new entry for an app when trying to log in and nothing is suggested. Then the details for the app will be filled into that new entry and hopefully the suggestion works for the next time.

• French22
    French22
    Community Member

Hi @DenalB ,

Do you have any insights on how auto-fill usually matches to 1P library? Is it only looking at the app name and the "title" given to logins in 1P? Is it only looking at the website links saved, in which case it could be tricky to know where an app is connecting to?

You last suggestion about trying to create a new entry might by a good one, I will give it a try!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

Hi @French22

No, I don't know how auto-fill is working. I think it depends on the app which you want to auto-fill logins.

As an example I have 2 apps from Comdirect Bank in Germany.
    https://apps.apple.com/de/app/comdirect/id1275446664
    https://apps.apple.com/de/app/comdirect-phototan-app/id623841273

I added the URL to both entries. But only for the first app the credentials are suggested by 1Password app. The credentials for the second app I set as a favorite login so that I have the entry on top when trying to log in.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2021

@French22

Do you have any insights on how auto-fill usually matches to 1P library? Is it only looking at the app name and the "title" given to logins in 1P? Is it only looking at the website links saved, in which case it could be tricky to know where an app is connecting to?

I am not a developer, but my understanding is that apps do this with associated domains:

Supporting Associated Domains - Apple.com

• French22
    French22
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

That is a great link, thank! So it seems like there is nothing I can do/no workaround unless I ask the developer to associate their domain.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2021

@French22

That would be correct. Perhaps if they hear from enough customers, they will consider adding this :)

This discussion has been closed.