Is it possible to reset a hint?

martinz
martinz
Community Member

Hi, I would like to change my password, but I forgot a hint. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:hint

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @martinz! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please clarify? Would you like to change your Master Password, or your password hint? If you could tell us what you are trying to do, we will be happy to see if we can help :)

• martinz
    martinz
    Community Member

I would like to change my Master Password but when I try to do so, I am asked to fill in the password hint. Unfortunately, I don't remember my password hint.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@martinz:

As far as I know, entering the hint is never required. The hint is just a reminder you set for yourself when you chose your Master Password, in case you forgot it. Are you able to post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

• martinz
    martinz
    Community Member

It's Czech, I'm sorry, but I can't switch it to English.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@martinz:

What happens if you enter a new hint in that window, to help you remember your new password?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

@martinz I don't think its asking for your old password hint. I think its asking you
    to set a new password hint.

Do you want to set a new hint? If not, what happens if you just enter a single character in the field entitled "nápověda pro helso"?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Indeed :+1:

• martinz
    martinz
    Community Member

Yes, you are right. Thanks a lot for your help!!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @martinz! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.