Custom categories missing

Hey everyone,

I finally purchased the family account, so I can migrate from KeePass to 1Password. Even I find Keepass really nice, my family needs a more comfortable and synchronized solution.

Why do we have to use the pre definied categories, instead of leaving the user its freedom to define them? Why do I have a category for driving licences (why should I have more than one driving licence) but no category for cell phones (PIN, PUKs ...)?

I think that this is really strange and I can not think for one reason, why the application should reject this? The software should not care if I have one category with 1000 entries or 1000 categories with one entry. This is the user's business and not the application's business.

Thanks a lot and many greetings

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HaukeGulich! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the feedback! We are currently beta testing custom categories in our 1Password Business accounts. Depending on how that test goes, we might decide to extend the feature to other account types ;)

In the meantime, I have let our developers know that you would like to see this :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#21

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Depending on how that test goes, we might decide to extend the feature to other account types.

I'm looking forward to getting custom categories. Thanks, @ag_ana! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome :+1:

This discussion has been closed.