Unlock with Watch Stopped Working

2»

Comments

• kdogg1
    kdogg1
    Community Member

@ag_tommy ok, I've sent it (~15 minutes ago). Haven't received a mail stating that a ticket has been generated.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021

@kdogg1

Got it. Someone will be with you as soon as possible. (#SMT-11176-652)

ref: SMT-11176-652

• kdogg1
    kdogg1
    Community Member

Hi 1Password -
    Any idea on when this update will be released? This still isn't working. Telling people to download the beta isn't really a solution.

• @kdogg1

Unfortunately, I have no knowledge on the next release.

• shermanwilcox
    shermanwilcox
    Community Member

I am also not able to unlock with my Apple Watch. Using M1 Mac mini, beta6 of 1Password (1Password 7
    Version 7.7.1.BETA-6 (70701006)), and macOS 11.2.

This has variously worked and not worked for me.

• @shermanwilcox

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report. So that we can get it over to development.

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key. Please send that report to support@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. shermanwilcox
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/comment/587226/#Comment_587226

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file. Once we receive the report, we will be in a better position to assist you. You will receive an auto-reply from BitBot, our auto-responder. Please post the Ticket ID you receive back here.
  • shermanwilcox
    shermanwilcox
    Community Member

I have just sent the diagnostics report. Thank you for the quick support.

• @shermanwilcox

Your support ID is LTU-48253-798

ref: LTU-48253-798

• elucubrator
    elucubrator
    Community Member

I'm another person with this trouble. Running on MacMini M1. Unlock with watch works, but then doesn't. I was using the default "2 days", so have just changed it to 1 week to see what difference that might make: I'm not sure if the need to re-enter my password is because that time had expired, or if it happens when I take my watch off and then put it back on.

The other little quirk is when unticking unlock using Apple Watch, I'm prompted for my password to turn this "off", as well as "on". Makes perfect sense when turning it on; not sure if that's intended behaviour when turning it off?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know about your experience as well @elucubrator. Have you sent us a diagnostics report too?

• jsturtridge
    jsturtridge
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

@ag_ana and @ag_tommy

I'm also seeing the same behaviour where after ~1 week (which is how my Apple Watch "Require Master Preference every" preference is set) that the Apple Watch icon on the unlock window disappears and that the way to re-enable is to unlock 1P with my Master Password, open Preferences, disable "Unlock using Apple Watch" and re-enabling it again.

Do you need more diagnostic reports and if so, do you need a diagnostic report when the unlock feature is working, or not working or both?

Thanks - Jonathan.

• @jsturtridge,

I'm going to contradict both ana and tommy here and say that no diagnostic report is needed and that the change will be in the next beta.

• jsturtridge
    jsturtridge
    Community Member

@rudy - that's fabulous news - I'll keep my eye out for it; thanks so much - J.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• chetgolfer
    chetgolfer
    Community Member

Apple watch unlocks my Mac Mini M1 at startup but nothing else when I am offered the option to open 1Password with my watch. The watch is notified and the face of the watch is setup correctly but when I press the crown the first time, the watch takes me to it's apps and on the second press the watch returns to my watch face. My Mac resets the window and asks for me to manually enter the password.

• @chetgolfer,

are you giving the button two distinct presses? from the way you describe the watch screen it sounds like you are. You have to give it two rapid presses when it prompts you for apple watch approval.

• chetgolfer
    chetgolfer
    Community Member

I have been using two rapid presses. To emphasize what was happening I indicated what happen with each press. To be more precise, as soon as I make the first press, I immediately end up in my watch apps and the two click setup disappears from the watch face.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@chetgolfer:

Can you confirm what version of the 1Password app you are using, and what version of watchOS? Are you already on the 1Password beta channel?

• chetgolfer
    chetgolfer
    Community Member

I have been using two rapid presses. To emphasize what was happening I indicated what happen with each press. To be more precise, as soon as I make the first press, I immediately end up in my watch apps and the two click setup disappears from the watch face.

• chetgolfer
    chetgolfer
    Community Member

I am using 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015) 1Password Store & Watch 6.0 Software Version 7.3 (18S801)
    I am unfamiliar with the term "1Password beta channel"

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the additional information @chetgolfer!

I am using 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015) 1Password Store

Since your last message, we published 1Password 7 for Mac version 7.8, which contains some improvements for the Apple Watch. I am looking specifically at this one, which sounds similar to what you have been experiencing:

Fixed an issue where the Touch ID or Apple Watch button on the lock screen would fail to detect clicks. {#5182}

Can you try updating to version 7.8 and see if that fixes things for you?

• chetgolfer
    chetgolfer
    Community Member

Have updated to 7.8 will let you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good, thank you!

• gumby
    gumby
    Community Member

Just pointing out that this continues to happen to me. Toggling the setting in preferences didn't fix it.

• chetgolfer
    chetgolfer
    Community Member

Watch 6 with Software Version 7.3.2 on MacMiniM1 with Big Sur 11.2.3 and it still does not work. The watch screen is activated and I get a vibration but when I rapidly press the crown button it goes to apps then back to time and MacMini asks for master password for 1Password. Is there a check list I can go through to make sure I have all settings correct? Should I contact Apple?

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021

@chetgolfer

Do not press the crown button. Press the side button.

Use your Apple Watch to unlock 1Password on your Mac

To approve and unlock 1Password, double-click the side button on your Apple Watch.

• chetgolfer
    chetgolfer
    Community Member

Thanks, it worked. So simple but I am amazed that the several persons at 1Password and Apple that I have consulted with (mostly by email) never explained that the lower button should be used. On two occasions (one in an in person conversation at Apple) I mentioned the flashing line on the watch face did not line up with the crown obviously did not understand the side button should be pressed given the response, "that is strange isn't it" Thanks again.

• @chetgolfer

You're welcome. I am so happy to hear that helped. I've talked with one other person who was in the same situation. It does seem like it can be confusing. Hopefully, we can improve on this in the future. I am not a designer or developer, but we have some big brain types. Hopefully, they can come up with something to help convey the needed steps.

This discussion has been closed.