Fill anyway prompt add option to fill and add website/id

kdorsel
kdorsel
Community Member

When filling an unknown app and manually choosing a password this confirmation screen pops up. It would be great to add a button to this screen that auto fills the password but then also adds the apps id/website to the saved password so in the future it automatically shows up and makes accessing it easier.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios14.5
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kdorsel! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the feedback :+1: I am not a developer, but my understanding is that this would not really help: the next time you try to login you would see the same window, unless the app itself supports the associated domains feature.

So even if you would update the Login item with this information, I am not sure it would be helpful the next time :(

• kdorsel
    kdorsel
    Community Member

Definitely if the app does not have an associated domain then there’s nothing to do.

In this case this is actually in Safari, so the web address is accessible and easy to add. I could do this manually by going into 1Password and editing the saved login to add the new address, but by adding this button it makes it easier and faster as a user.

The same thing for apps that have a web address associated with them can be done.

Sometimes websites can have multiple extensions or it changes.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood, thank you for the clarification @kdorsel! For some reason I thought you were referring to iOS apps instead, got it now :)

This discussion has been closed.