Yubikey re-setup not working

Options
MONKi1P
MONKi1P
Community Member

I've setup 2 new Yubikeys with my account and then did some testing and part of it was to disable 2FA again. No I am trying to re-add them and neither of them are being read during the setup process. I plug them in, put my finder on it, and besides the "Y" flashing yellow nothing happens on 1Password's end. I've done everything the same way as the first time around.

In the unlikely event that 2 new keys suddenly broke, I tested them on another place, and it worked like a charm.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MONKi1P:

I've setup 2 new Yubikeys with my account and then did some testing and part of it was to disable 2FA again.

Is Two-Factor Authentication currently enabled again in your 1Password account?

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member
    Options

Yes of course, otherwise I couldn't add a Yubikey at all. I was prompted on all my devices to enter the 2FA code once I activated it.

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member
    Options

Wait, I did change the associated email address but that shouldn't{t make a difference, right?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MONKi1P:

I don't think the email address would have anything to do with this. Can you please share the exact, numbered, steps that you are following to add a Yubikey on this device, to make this happen? This way, I can ask someone with a Yubikey to test the exact procedure that you are following :+1:

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member
    Options

Sure:
    1. I log into my account through my.1password.com
    2. My Profile-> More Actions-> Manage 2FAs
    3. Add a Security key
    4. I type in a name & click next
    5. Then the popup shows up saying: "Do you want to allow “1password.com” to start using a security key to sign in?
    Insert and activate your security key."
    6. Then I plug in the Yubikey & I touch the golden "Y" to activate it.
    7. Nothing happens :/

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MONKi1P:

Thank you! What version of iOS are you using on this iOS device?

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member
    Options

The latest 14.4

• MONKi1P
    MONKi1P
    Community Member
    Options

Update: I've tried to log in via Incognito mode in Safari on my iPad and it had the same problem. Also found out that Chrome and Firefox do not support Yubikeys on iOS, or at least the adding option is grayed out.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MONKi1P:

Out of curiosity, are you able to add the Yubikey to your 1Password account from another device (a Mac or a Windows device)? I would like to understand if the problem is with the 1Password account and Yubikey, or with this specific browser and iOS device.

This discussion has been closed.