Etrade not autofilling account/password

inertm
inertm
Community Member
edited February 2021 in iOS

There’s an old closed thread about this but the issue wasn’t resolved. I’ve had this problem for years.
Login to https://us.etrade.com/e/t/user/login
The username/password is not autofilled.
I’ve tried changing the user agent from 1Password to Safari(Ipad) and Firefox — no luck
I’ve tried deleting and recreating the login in 1Password — no luck

The workaround is to type or cut/paste the account/password but I’d like to get this working properly. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IpadOS 14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• inertm
    inertm
    Community Member

One thing to add...
    If I use a Safari browser, it works. I can’t get it to work using the 1Password app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @inertm!

When you say "using the 1Password app", are you referring to the built-in 1Browser inside the iOS app? In other words, the one that appears when you simply tap on a website field in a Login item?

• inertm
    inertm
    Community Member

No I mean the 1Password IOS app 7.7; autofill doesn’t work when I use that.
    If I use the Safari browser app (with the 1Password feature/plug-in/add-on — I’m not sure what you call it), the account/password are autofilled.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@inertm:

No I mean the 1Password IOS app 7.7; autofill doesn’t work when I use that.

Can you please post a screenshot of this? I think you are referring exactly to what I mentioned in my previous post, so I would like to confirm. Thank you!

• inertm
    inertm
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

On second thought, yes — it’s what you described.

• inertm
    inertm
    Community Member

@ag_ana
    Any thoughts?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@inertm:

Thank you for the confirmation and the screenshot! Our recommendation is to use the Autofill extension in Safari, as that is the way forwards. I will let the team know that you encountered this behavior inside 1Browser, perhaps we will be able to address this in the future :+1:

• inertm
    inertm
    Community Member

Thanks. I rarely use the Safari browser extension preferring 1Browser. It would be nice if it worked,

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@inertm:

Out of curiosity, what is it that you prefer in 1Browser? I ask because personally I always use the autofill extension in Safari (since most of the time I am using my iOS device I am in the browser), I don't remember ever using 1Browser for something. It would be great if you had anything to share about this (and even "I just like it better" would be fine :) ). Thank you!

• inertm
    inertm
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

@ag_ana
    I find the Safari dropdown menu cumbersome; it takes more clicks to get what I want. And the worst part is if I need several pieces of info from 1Password, I need to repeat the process each time. For example entering credit card info when autofill doesn’t work. The 1Browser has all my Favorites on the left and I use this app when I’m doing secure stuff like banking etc. Maybe there aren’t alot of people using 1Password this way. Maybe I’m missing something?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@inertm:

I don't think you are missing something, I think it comes down to personal preference and to how you are used to using the app. I personally like using Safari because I can use multiple tabs, and be logged in to multiple websites at the same time. My favorites are also stored in Safari itself, so for me it is quicker to just use a single browser, and call 1Password just via the autofill extension when I need it.

This discussion has been closed.