To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Adding business invite with personal account

CasiH
CasiH
Community Member

I have 1Password for my family. I have begun work with a small business who has sent me an invite to their business 1 pass - it is asking me to create a master password but states it should be the same as my current master password. Is this what it really means or should I have a different master password for their invite? The email address is different. TIA!

Comments

• @CasiH

I know people who use the same Master Password, and I know others who have chosen something different. Using the same Master Password will help ensure you don't forget a new one and get yourself locked out. I would expect that the new business account would be able to help you recover your access should the need arise.

Make sure you print out a copy of the Emergency Kit when you complete the process.

One thing you may want to consider is the way 1Password unlocks.

1. If a Primary vault exists, then it will unlock using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in.

2. If a single 1Password membership is signed in, then unlock using the Master Password for that membership account.

3. If multiple memberships are signed in, then unlock using the Master Password of the first added membership.

These are each exclusive scenarios. For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the Master Password of the second account that was added.

• @sitepodmatt,

I tend to take a screenshot of the QR code most sites offer me in setting up 2FA so that i can configure multiple 2FA apps without having to go back and set things up again (1P/Google Authenticator/Authy/etc).

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@rudy
    Nice idea! Thanks. :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.