Family member login issue for specific device and app...

SBConsult
SBConsult
Community Member

Hi, I'm having a problem logging into my wife's account on her MacBook using the 1Password app. I set her up on 1Password.com and she has access to her account via Safari but it says her password is incorrect when using the App. I had the same issue on her iPhone so I deleted and reinstalled the app on her phone using the QR code, etc and the password worked this time. So I deleted the App on the MacBook using App Delete to hopefully clear out any bad data regarding the account, reinstalled and same problem... "your password is incorrect."

If I go to the 1Password app Prefs/Accounts, everything is grayed out and I can't set it up as a new device. The + - buttons are also grayed out. Anyway, I'm stuck! The whole family is working great on multiple devices/phones and accounts accept for this MacBook! The MacBook is working like a champ with everything else. Appreciate any help! Thanks

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015) 1Password Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SBConsult!

It sounds like the app on this Mac must be reset:

How to reset the 1Password app on a specific device

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not delete the data or the configuration (only the app), so if this app was configured with a different password, the reset procedure will allow her to login with the new credentials :)

• SBConsult
    SBConsult
    Community Member

Well that did the trick! Thanks soooooo much! :)

• On behalf of Ana, you are very welcome. Glad to hear that did it. :) If there is anything else in the future we can help with please feel free to start a new thread.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.