1P keeps crashing on my iPad Air 4th gen

albertvanderiet
albertvanderiet
Community Member

I have a problem with the app on my iPad. It works fine until I copy something, like a URL, in Safari and go back to the 1P app. Then it crashes to desktop and cannot be restarted. I tap on the icon, the app starts loading (i see the splash screen) and then crashes before it can load the app completely.
Only a reboot of the iPad helps. I tried reinstalling the app but that did not help.
I sent 2 crash reports in the last 15 minutes.
Any tips?
Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IPad OS 14.4
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• albertvanderiet
    albertvanderiet
    Community Member

Any clues? I just sent another 4 or 5 crash reports.
    Thanks in advance!

• albertvanderiet
    albertvanderiet
    Community Member

Could it have something to do with 1PW security settings?
    A crash did not occur after I switched “Lock on exit” on.

This could be a nice workaround, however very cumbersome when you are updating all your passwords and are constantly switching between 1PW and browser.

If 1PW could look at this problem that would be appreciated! If you need logfiles please let me know.

• @albertvanderiet

We had an issue like this a few months ago, but that was the Mac. I have not seen that behavior on an iOS device to my recollection, and I have several floating around here. That's not to say there isn't an issue. Could you send us a diagnostic report from the device? Maybe it will shed a bit of light on what's happening, and we can make a suggestion.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key.

Please send that report to support@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. albertvanderiet
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/119043/1p-keeps-crashing-on-my-ipad-air-4th-gen#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You will receive an auto-reply from BitBot, our auto-responder. Please post the Ticket ID you receive back here.

• albertvanderiet
    albertvanderiet
    Community Member

Done, thanks ag_tommy!
    Ticket ID [#CGE-59361-127]

• You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.