Feature Request

Variag
Variag
Community Member

Please add a PIN datatype which is a Text field with values hidden like for Password field types. But PIN the password strength indicator should be removed and PIN values should not be checked against Watchtower and security policies (e.g. weak passwords)

Currently I can either store PINs in clear text (not nice) or in a Passwort field, leading to many false positives under the Watchtower sections (even less nice) possibly obscuring real security issues.

1Password Version: 7.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 11.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Variag! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

But PIN the password strength indicator should be removed and PIN values should not be checked against Watchtower and security policies (e.g. weak passwords)

Great idea! I also have some PINs which I declared as passwords and Watchtower is complaining of weak passwords.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• Mattis
    Mattis
    Community Member

But PIN the password strength indicator should be removed and PIN values should not be checked against Watchtower and security policies (e.g. weak passwords)>

I personally would find that very helpful as well. My login data for banking is permanently in the watchtower because my bank only allows 6 numbers.

• Thanks @Mattis Noted.

This discussion has been closed.