How can I automatically enter an organization code in addition to login name and password?

Options

So this login (for a certain web-app I use) has three fields: login name, password, and organization code. How can I setup 1Password to auto fill all three fields when I need to login? Currently it only fills the first two, leaving organization code blank.
I have currently setup the organization code as a note on the login-info, but that requires manual steps from within 1password (copy/paste), doable but not very efficient. As I need to login every time, and use different organisations...
Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:log in password plus code

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hey @martijnwinkler ,
    Sounds like you'll want to create a custom field for that organization code field. To do that, we'll need to know what that field's name or ID is in the HTML code.

I suggest using Chrome or Firefox for the following:

1. Open the website and get to the login page.
    2. Right click the organization code field and select "Inspect". The HTML code of that field will show up. Check what is the ID or name variables of that field and copy it. For example, if it says id="org_code" , then copy the org_code part.
    3. Open your 1Password, find the login entry of this website, select it and click on "Edit".
    4. While in edit mode, select one of the empty Labels under the username, password and website URL, then paste the field's ID that you copied into the empty label.
    5. Input your actual code in the empty field next/under the label.
    6. Change the field's type to match the type that is shown in the HTML code. A field can be: type="text" , type="password" , type="tel" etc. Select the relevant field type in 1Password according to the type that is shown in the HTML code.
    7. Click on Save in 1Password when you are done, then try autofilling and see if 1Password autofills that field properly.

If that didn't work, we'll need to take a look at the login page so we can see if we can find a way here to get it working for you :)

• martijnwinkler
    martijnwinkler
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron,

Brilliant! This works like a charm.
    Thanks so much 🙌

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options