To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

No secret key

locktonimage
locktonimage
Community Member

New membership to 1P7.....no idea how access my secret key. Have not received one (?). How to login into your account if you don't have a secret key but need one to log into your account?!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• locktonimage
    locktonimage
    Community Member

New membership to 1P7.....no idea how access my secret key. Have not received one (?). How to login into your account if you don't have a secret key but need one to log into your account?!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @locktonimage!

On which device you created your new account? On this device you should be able to find your secret key: https://support.1password.com/secret-key/

Hope you'll find it.

• @locktonimage

Hopefully, you found the advice from DenalB helpful. Please let us know if you have any questions.

• locktonimage
    locktonimage
    Community Member

No - unable to locate key. How do you ascertain whether u need a secret key(SK)? unsure if purchased a standalone
    license or not? It would seem without SK there nothing I do with 1password....

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@locktonimage:

In summary: if you are paying for 1Password monthly or yearly, then you have a subscription, and therefore a Secret Key. If you purchased a license for 1Password once, then you don't have a Secret Key.

We will be happy to help you with this though. I noticed that you also sent us an email with the same question, and that my colleague Trevor is already helping you over there. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and let you continue via email :+1:

ref: MQV-71118-785

This discussion has been closed.