Stuck at Configure domain Configure a DNS record, where do I do this?

BachDSingh
BachDSingh
Community Member

Do I register a domain and then point it to that DNS record? Or do I add the DNS record to our mail URL? Very much new to this. Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:DNS SCIM

Comments

• Hi @BachDSingh,

You will need to register a domain name with a DNS provider and point it to the IP address where your SCIM Bridge is deployed. Many people use something like "scim.company.com".

Hopefully this answers your question!
    Amanda

• BachDSingh
    BachDSingh
    Community Member

Hi Thanks @1P_Amanda Is it an A type record?

Thanks!
    Bach

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BachDSingh! The required record type is a TXT record - you can find our guide for setting up the Domain Breach Report here. I hope that helps!

• BachDSingh
    BachDSingh
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

Hi, Appreciate the link to the Domain Breach Report (which is useful) but this is for setting up SCIM is it still TXT? Thanks!

• Hi @BachDSingh,

When I set it up I used type A, so that should do the trick for you.

Cheers!
    Amanda

• BachDSingh
    BachDSingh
    Community Member

Hi,

So I bought a domain from Google Domains, then set a type A record. I guess I need to wait for it to propagate. Is there anything I can do in the meantime to make sure it's all working as expected? FYI I set this up in Google Cloud

Thanks

• Hello,

If you completed the rest of the SCIM Bridge setup, you can start by going to the SCIM Bridge IP Address to check that it's up, then continue on with the instructions. Just remember once you've registered the domain to only go to the SCIM Bridge via that URL and not the IP address.

Cheers!
    Amanda

• BachDSingh
    BachDSingh
    Community Member

I'm at the setup page at the moment. But no luck even after adding that A record to the DNS (Using Google Domains)

• Hi @BachDSingh,

Your best course of action here is to email business@1password.com, reference this thread and ask them to help you setup the the SCIM Bridge.

Cheers!
    Amanda

This discussion has been closed.