Why do i see two of each log in in list?

Options
cloudyone
cloudyone
Community Member

I've just upgraded to 1password 7 and opened an account. I followed the instructions to import data and can see all of my logins etc but the problem is I see TWO of each item? How do I merge them or whatever, to just see one of each in the list please? Thankyou

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: Catalina 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @cloudyone

I most often see this occur when someone has moved to one of our membership offerings, and they have inadvertently left a Primary vault on their device. Do you see a Primary vault on your Mac?

If so, please follow these instructions.

1. Check to make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit.

2. If needed copy or move any items from your Primary vault to your membership vault (Personal/Private) that are not already present. * Please be sure you have the most up to date information in your Personal vault.

3. Remove the Primary vault.

• cloudyone
    cloudyone
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi , thankyou for your response. Yes I have just moved to a membership. No, I can only see my name, with 1 Vault underneath and a dropdown arrow. If I click that, then in the Sidebar below it showes my name and then underneath Personal (and the + to add a new vault) No Primary Vault. Any other suggestions?

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2021
    Options

@cloudyone

Did you happen to import your data twice? From two different devices maybe?

Our duplicate removal tool works inside a single vault at the time. It should delete all duplicates in that vault: if it doesn't, it's likely the items are not exact copies (perhaps something changed from one to the other since the original duplication). The tool is under the Help > Tools menu, called "Clean Up Duplicate Items." * If you are currently in All Vault's view, the duplicate removal will be greyed out or unavailable.

• cloudyone
    cloudyone
    Community Member
    Options

I don't think I imported it twice but I did follow some instructions that arrived in an auto generated confirmation email after I set it up and then some that came up when I signed in with Firefox, so I can't be sure. I also installed the add on to Firefox, so not sure whether that would make a difference.
    Ok, so I found the duplicate removal tool and used that to remove most of the duplicated logins. There still seem to be some but I think they are possibly ones I've used today and manually edited, so I can just check and remove those I don't need.
    So far I can't say I've found the migration from 1Password 6 to a membership subscription of 1Password7 exactly straightforward but hoping I'll get used to it.

• @cloudyone

It sounds as if you may have imported twice, but the good part is you have that cleaned up now. Woot! If you have any questions along the way, please let us know.

• cloudyone
    cloudyone
    Community Member
    Options

Thankyou for your help.

• You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.