My iPhone 12 Watch app does not allow to install 1Password on Apple Watch ?

tolgao
tolgao
Community Member
edited February 2021 in Apple Watch

Hello,

I recently bought iPhone 12, and I want to use 1Password app on my Apple Watch(Series 2). On iPhone in Watch app, I see 1Password on Available apps. But when I click Install button. Circle spins shortly and then it quits installing. Can you help me with this issue ?

1Password Version: 7.7 (iPhone 1Password App)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.4 ; watchOS 6.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:iPhone 12 refuse to install 1Password

Comments

• @tolgao

Have you enabled the Watch app in the 1Password preferences?

• tolgao
    tolgao
    Community Member

Yes I do.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2021

@tolgao

I have a longer set of steps that we provide users as needed. They have helped me personally when I experienced something similar. I hope they will work for you.

1. Connect both the Apple Watch and iPhone to power
    2. Open the Watch app on your iPhone, scroll down to 1Password, and set "Show on Apple Watch" to the off position
    3. Open 1Password on your iPhone and go to Settings > Apple Watch and set "Enable Apple Watch" to the off position
    4. Wait for it to stop saying "Uninstalling..." (this may never happen, but give it 5 minutes and then move on)
    5. View the apps on your actual Watch and if it is gone (in some cases, even those that completed "Uninstalling..." still show up)
    6. If it's still shown there, hold your finger on it and then tap the (x) (this may not work either)*
    7. Regardless, hold the pill-shaped Side Button on the Watch and Power Off (you'll need to disconnect the power temporarily to do this)
    8. Then, after backing up any local vaults https://support.1password.com/backups/?ios#you-can-also-create-and-restore-backups-of-local-vaults and ensuring you know the Master Password, uninstall 1Password for iOS from your iPhone, hold the iPhone's Lock Button, and Slide to Power Off
    9. Power on both the Apple Watch and iPhone
    10. Verify that 1Password is not shown on the Apple Watch, that this is reflected in the Watch app on the iPhone as well (if not, go back to the beginning), and that 1Password is not shown on the iPhone either
    11. *Install a fresh copy of 1Password on the iPhone, and in 1Password Settings set "Enable Apple Watch" to on
    12. In Watch on the iPhone, go to 1Password and set "Show on Apple Watch" to on
    13. Wait for the app to finish Installing...
    14. Add a new item to Apple Watch by toggling the option in its details.
  • tolgao
    tolgao
    Community Member

Actually, yesterday it was spinning. But today two times, it sent a message to a message to my apple watch to enter password for my Apple ID associated to my 1Password, I entered the password via iPhone keyboard for Apple Watch. Then it said it sent a code to my iPhone for entering on Apple Watch (I guess it is related to two factor authentication of my Apple ID). But I never get that code on my iPhone or iPad. So, that is the story.

• @tolgao

You may need to sign in and out of your iCloud ID on the watch. I know, I hate that process too. :( If you continue to have trouble with the codes you may need to contact Apple themselves for some assistance.

http://www.apple.com/support/

• tolgao
    tolgao
    Community Member

There is no, "Show on Apple Watch" to the off position option. Only "Install" button or option.

• @tolgao

Those are a culmination of steps based on other users feedback. Because you are having trouble installing the app you may not have some of those options available to you. Such as that step. It only shows if the app has been successfully installed.

• tolgao
    tolgao
    Community Member

How do you sign in and out of my iCloud account on Apple Watch ? Can you help ?

• tolgao
    tolgao
    Community Member

Thanks, I guess you can't help me anymore. I will check with Apple.

• @tolgao

Appel would be the best they may have a suggestion above and beyond what I mentioned.

• tolgao
    tolgao
    Community Member

But you still did not answer, how to logout iCloud on apple watch ?

• @tolgaop

They would be the best to answer that question. They may need a chance to access any information that the watch holds in regard to logs to better troubleshoot your issue.

This discussion has been closed.