To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Suggestion: Asking for the region, when creating 1Password account.

Options
Mattis
Mattis
Community Member

Hello people,

I have a suggestion for 1Password.com or rather for the interface when you create a 1Password account.

I noticed that you are not asked in which region the data should be stored. I just clicked on create account and didn't think about it.

I have a 1Password account in the United States, respectively at 1Password.com, even though I am in the EU.

I know that theoretically I could open a new account in 1Password.eu and migrate my data, but this is a big effort.

Wouldn't it be great if after choosing the type of account you are asked in which region you want to open the account?

By default, an account is always created in the United States (1Password.com).

I look forward to hearing your opinions on this.

Thanks for reading.

Have a nice day and stay healthy.

Mattis

1Password Version: 1Password 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.2.1
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Mattis!

Wouldn't it be great if after choosing the type of account you are asked in which region you want to open the account?

I think this would be perfect. When I started for the first time with 1Password I didn't know that there are more than one region available. I found out and switched to 1Password.eu. But I didn't have so many entries in my first vault, so it was no problem for me to switch. But for new customers actually coming from LP (or other password managers ;) ) it would be a super feature to ask for the region when creating an account. :+1:

• Mattis
    Mattis
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @DenalB!

I really appreciate your opinion. I'm glad to hear you like my suggestion.

When I started for the first time with 1Password I didn't know that there are more than one region available.

That's exactly the same I thought.

But I didn't have so many entries in my first vault, so it was no problem for me to switch.

You are right, it is not that difficult to migrate the data, but because I use 1Password for families each family member would have to take these steps and on the new account enroll all devices, enable two-factor authentication, print a new emergency kit and so on.

Have a great day. :)

Mattis

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Mattis!

but because I use 1Password for families each family member would have to take these steps

Ups, that sounds difficult to switch... I didn't think about a family membership. :'(

Have a great day. :)

You too! :+1:

• Mattis
    Mattis
    Community Member
    Options

Ups, that sounds difficult to switch... I didn't think about a family membership. :'(

Don't worry, we can't think of everything all the time. If we did, we wouldn't be human. ;)

You too! :+1:

Thank you :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

You're absolutely right! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the suggestions @Mattis! I have sent your thoughts to the developers for consideration :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#459

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @ag_ana ! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome :)

• Mattis
    Mattis
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the suggestions @Mattis! I have sent your thoughts to the developers for consideration :+1:

Thank you @ag_ana :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.