I would be happy to pay a trusted expert to help us convert to a family plan from a collective mess

chrjenjul
chrjenjul
Community Member

Over twenty plus years we have over 100 passwords, some unique and strong, some old and used several times.
I am confused on how to get this to work across all of our various devices and family plans on Apple, netfilx etc...
I don't know if there is a way to have consultation from an expert but if there is I am a good customer! We do not use any password manager with exception of browsers that rememver passwords and share. Not good! Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I would be happy to pay a trusted expert to help us convert to a family plan.

Comments

• @chrjenjul

Have you tried reaching out to our support staff in email support? They may be able to assist you in getting setup. We don't need access to your data. I would not recommend sharing it with anyone. If you'd like to go this route, please send us an email to support@1password.com

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member

@chrjenjul, it's really a pretty straightforward process once you grasp the basics. You almost certainly won't need an outside expert at extra expense to get you up and running on 1Password—the tech support folk here as well as long-term users will be able to assist you (and, as suggested, without your having to disclose any of your confidential info to them).

The real trick is figuring out in advance just what coverage you're going to need across different users (say family members), devices (phones, computers, tablets, etc.), and operating systems (Windows, macOS, iOS, etc.). The 1Password Team Members here can help you decide on just what you need to achieve the right mix of security and convenience you're looking for.

Once you settle on just what "flavor" of 1Password to buy, loading the software and beginning the process of migrating your various usernames, passwords, and websites can commence. There are many users who have hundreds and even thousands of 1Password entries so your 100-odd entries will be easily handled by the software.

IMO, it's generally a good idea to start small (say by populating 1Password with a single website, secured by username/password and accessible across all your computers and other devices) and from there to "grow" into the full-fledged 1Password environment containing all your logon sites, credit cards, documents, etc.—it's amazingly powerful and endlessly flexible software that can be configured to meet just about any needs for secure storage and retrieval of confidential information. Good luck.

• @williakz

Wise words. I recall doing this when I first started with 1Password.

IMO, it's generally a good idea to start small (say by populating 1Password with a single website, secured by username/password and accessible across all your computers and other devices) and from there to "grow" into the full-fledged 1Password environment containing all your logon sites, credit cards, documents, etc.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@chrjenjul Is there one person who has access to all the passwords that need to be shared? If so, its quite straightforward. If that person signs-up for a family subscription they can import all the passwords from the browsers into 1Password. The ones they want to keep to themselves they keep in their Private vault and the ones they want to share with the whole family they transfer to the shared vault. When they're happy with the set-up, they can invite others to join the family. This would be a good point to set-up individual user accounts on the devices which support it so that everyone can log-in with their own password and have their own browser.
    One tip: make sure everyone prints out their Emergency Kit containing the Secret Key. This is required, in addition to their Master Password, whenever they add new devices.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@chrjenjul:

Let us know if the suggestions in this discussion helped. If not, we are always here in case you have any further questions :+1:

This discussion has been closed.