Syncing on iOS devices

SteveDavis
SteveDavis
Community Member

Longtime on 1Password, but just purchased a subscription and migrated on iPad, iPhone and MAC. All good. Previously, on the free account I synced with Dropbox. I would like to drop my Dropbox account when renewal comes. Since I don’t see “Syncing” anywhere on my new 1Password dashboard, am I to assume it is now happening via iCLOUD? I don’t want to lapse my Dropbox subscription and create a problem. Thanks, SD

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @SteveDavis!

If you subscribed to a 1Password membership you have to move your entries from your local vault into the membership vault. Then all your entries will be synchronized automatically via 1Password.

https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

But you also are able to use your local vault but have to sync it via 3rd-Party-Cloud.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2021

@SteveDavis

Memberships do not sync via iCloud. They sync through your account on 1Password.com. It's often confused. I was hoping by explaining things now that we might avoid any confusion later on.

1Password handles all of the syncing for the memberships. As @DenalB mentioned, if you have moved all of your data over, then you're all set. Please make sure you have checked all of your devices.

I use the following set of instructions when someone finds they have a Primary vault that remains on one of their devices. It should help you to make sure it has been removed on all devices.

---

I most often see this occur when someone has moved to one of our membership offerings, and they have inadvertently left a Primary vault on their device.
    If so, please follow these instructions.

1. Check to make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit.

2. If needed copy or move any items from your Primary vault to your membership vault (Personal/Private) that are not already present. * Please be sure you have the most up to date information in your Personal vault.

3. Remove the Primary vault.

• SteveDavis
    SteveDavis
    Community Member

Thanks guys. I show only a Personal Vault across all of my platforms; there are no Primary Vaults. I have everything, and all are syncing. I have my Emergency Kit. So just to be clear, then. I no longer need to worry about Dropbox, or any similar tool. (Sorry to be dense, but just being cautious.) SD

• Hey @SteveDavis

No worries at all, I still recall the nervousness of moving from Dropbox to a membership offering. We're happy to answer if we can. To be clear, as long as all of your data is in your account. Then no, you do not need to continue with the paid plan you mentioned from Dropbox.

• SteveDavis
    SteveDavis
    Community Member

Thanks so much .... Appreciate it .... SD

This discussion has been closed.