SECOND 1password account Mac login issues

Options
jfrecheville
jfrecheville
Community Member

I had a previous 1password account, and stopped using it owing to issues getting started.

I'm trying 1password again, but I have forgotten my original master password so I have set up a seperate account on a new email.

On my Mac app, it won't let me add new/log out of my previous account. and says I am still subscribed.

Is there a verification process to prove my identity and get back my old master password or a way to clear a cache and be able to start anew with my second account.

thanks

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @jfrecheville

Please ensure that you can log in to https://my.1password.com and know your Master Password for the current account. Also print out a copy of your Emergency Kit if you have not already done so. When you are ready to proceed, use the instructions below to reset the Mac app and allow it to be setup anew.

• This will completely remove the previous setup and data which it sounds like you need to do.
    1. Open or bring 1Password to the front.

2. Click on Help (at the very top of the screen to the right of the Apple icon) > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. You will be asked to type in a code, and you need to copy it as is, hyphens included.

3. Click on Delete Data and Start Over. * This only removes local data and doesn't affect your membership. At this point, 1Password will quit and disappear off your screen.

4. Open 1Password again on your Mac, and there will be two choices - New to 1Password? Or Used 1Password before?

• For 1Password.com memberships: Under 'Used 1Password before' select 1Password.com option, sign into the new account.
  • jfrecheville
    jfrecheville
    Community Member
    Options

thanks kindly

• You're welcome. Enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.