Passwords not in GBoard bar in Androild 11

Options
chorchie
chorchie
Community Member

Hi, I just installed 1Password on my Pixel 5 running Android 11, but the passwords are not showing up in the GBoard bar. It is still using the pop up selection box.

When I try to log in with a password, in the GBoard bar, it offers "Autofill with 1Password." When I click on that, it asks me to unlock 1Password with my fingerprint and after I do that, the old style "Select the account" box pops up.

Do I have something set up incorrectly?

Thanks,
David

1Password Version: 7.72
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 11
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @chorchie, thanks for reaching out to us.

Which browser are you using? The Gboard suggestion strip will only work in Autofill supported browsers, such as Firefox, DuckDuckGo, etc.

• chorchie
    chorchie
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_audrey, I am using Chrome in Android.

But I was also trying to auto fill passwords in apps (not websites) - will apps not allow 1password to auto fill using GBoard?

Thanks,
    David

• @chorchie Thanks for the info. As Audrey mentioned, Gboard suggestion strip will only work in apps and browsers that support Autofill, which is why you're not seeing in in Chrome. We currently use Accessibility to fill in Chrome, as Autofill isn't fully supported there.

The same applies to apps. That is, you'll see the Autofill suggestions above your keyboard in apps that support Autofill, but not in apps that don't. Do you happen to recall which specific app or apps you were having trouble with? Also, are both Autofill and Accessibility enabled in 1Password's Autofill settings?

• colsartoris
    colsartoris
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi there,

I have the same issue everywhere--supported browsers (like DuckDuckGo) and apps alike--using Gboard. This is DuckDuckGo on Android 11 (Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra):

All of the Autofill and Accessibility (including Previews) options are clicked to the On position in 1Password, Autofill.

Three or four weeks ago, this worked fine for me. Now I have to Search and Login every time rather than being given a JIT suggestion.

Any ideas?

• Hey @colsartoris, I'm sorry to hear Autofill isn't working in DuckDuckGo. Unfortunately, this is a known issue with the Android 11 update that our development team is currently investigating.

Can you tell me if you can fill in Chrome or Firefox?

• colsartoris
    colsartoris
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi @ag_audrey: It never works this way with Chrome; it's not a supported browser. (It will let me Search 1Password from the box itself in Chrome. I guess I understand that it's using the Accessibility settings to do that in Chrome instead of the Autofill for the keyboard, so I get that.) I don't have Firefox on my phone. I was using DuckDuckGo as an example, because it's supposed to work with DuckDuckGo according to this blog post: https://support.1password.com/android-filling/.

That said, it's not just DuckDuckGo that isn't working as it once did, though: It doesn't work with "supported apps," either. It always just presents me with either Search 1Password or Create a new login (as shown above) instead of the suggested website login (like it used to). Here's Dropbox:

• Hey @colsartoris, thanks for bringing this to our attention. You're correct that filling should be working with DuckDuckGo and Autofill supported apps.

This is not the expected behaviour, and again, it seems to be related to the Android 11 update. I've gone ahead and passed this to our development team to further investigate.

In the meantime, please use our drag and drop feature: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-android/#drag-and-drop-to-fill-in-other-apps.

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#1356

• colsartoris
    colsartoris
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @ag_audrey. I'll be excited to see it working properly again. That was a nice feature. 1Password has come a long way in the past year or so on Android; I appreciate what's going on over there.

• ag_audrey
    edited February 2021
    Options

You're very welcome, @colsartoris, and thank you so much for your kind words! We're constantly working on fixes and improvements, so I'll be sure to let our Android developers know of your gratitude :)

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

This discussion has been closed.