'fill and open' doesn't open, just fills, after last upgrade. how do I get 'fill and open'?

dwwolgast
dwwolgast
Community Member
edited February 2021 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

have to click open each time.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:'fill and open' doesn't open, just fills, after last upgrade. how do I get 'fill and open'?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dwwolgast!

'fill and open' doesn't open, just fills

I am not sure I remember an option to fill and open in the old 1Password 6. 1Password 7, for example, has an option to "open and fill". You are saying however that 1Password 6 is only filling for you, not opening. Can you please clarify what is happening exactly? What is 1Password filling, and what is it not opening?

• dwwolgast
    dwwolgast
    Community Member

A few weeks ago, when I clicked on web name, Password would fill the login with ID and password. Then it would proceed to open the site automatically. Now it fills OK, but does not proceed to open the site. I now have to click on 'open' tag.

• @dwwolgast

I think this blog post will help explain. We no longer submit the information. All you would need to do is press the enter key,

https://blog.1password.com/1password-7.2-for-mac-welcome-to-the-dark-side/

You’ll also notice that 1Password 7.2 no longer automatically submits passwords once they have been filled. This was a difficult decision to make, but we made it for a few reasons that we wanted to share:

Sometimes a website doesn’t behave as 1Password might expect, resulting in passwords being filled sub-optimally, or fields being left blank. If 1Password were to automatically submit forms in these cases, users are left with an experience that we don’t feel reflects how we want 1Password to work and can lead to confusion.

The mechanism by which 1Password was performing autosubmit is no longer supported in macOS Mojave. As yet another step towards a more secure environment, apps that can virtually type the ‘Return’ key on the keyboard have been significantly restricted.

1Password automatically leaves focus on the password field so there’s no need to click the submit button. Just press the Enter key and you’re all set. Alongside the Command-\ fill keyboard shortcut, it works quite well.

We feel strongly that removing the ability to automatically submit passwords is the right call. I’ll be fully transparent, it’s taken some getting used to, but now that it’s part of my workflow… autosubmit? I don’t miss it.

This discussion has been closed.