1Password desktop app hanging - any interest?

Options
williakz
williakz
Community Member
edited February 2021 in Mac

While working on migrating credit card entries from my and my wife's 1Password Families vaults into a new shared vault—entails mostly moving, renaming, and trashing various login entries—1Password desktop has been hanging from time to time (spinning beachball), requiring either a force quit or even a machine restart (I typically don't fool with using Task Manager to kill wayward apps). Any interest in gathering data on this or is it, from my reading of many messages here of late, well-known, understood, and in the process of being corrected?

Running latest 1Password Mac app on Mojave macOS.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2021
    Options

@williakz

The issue is ongoing and being addressed in our betas. I would suggest moving to the beta. I have had much better results. If betas are not your thing, you can try quitting 1Password completely. Though if the issue returns, you'll need to repeat these steps.

Enable the 1Password betas.

or

• Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder.
  • williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_tommy , I'll live with the issue until it's dispatched in a future stable version.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.