Are there recommended field types for PIN-like items (iPhone and iPad passcode, ATM PINs, etc).

dave48
dave48
Community Member

Are there recommended field types for PIN-like items (iPhone and iPad passcode, ATM PINs, etc).

Using a Password Field type gets weak password checking from Watchtower. PINS are obviously weak.
The bloody questions are always a problem. If you make stuff up, you need to write it down. If you use actual facts, you need to be careful that they are not lying about for others to find.

1Password Version: 7 App Store
Extension Version: Various
OS Version: MACOS 11.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Is there a recommended field type to use for saving PIN codes and website security questions?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dave48! Welcome to the forum!

The recommended field is still a password field (that is also what I personally use for PIN codes), despite the warnings. We are however considering how to exclude certain items so they don't trigger those notifications, which would remove the issue altogether ;)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130

• dave48
    dave48
    Community Member

I couldn't find anything better so I moved the PINS to user added fields of type password. Will followup after giving Watchtower a chance to flag them.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @dave48 :+1:

• dave48
    dave48
    Community Member

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

We are however considering how to exclude certain items so they don't trigger those notifications, which would remove the issue altogether.

I'm looking forward to this like I already wrote here:
    https://1password.community/discussion/comment/588790/#Comment_588790

Thanks, @ag_ana! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.