Multiple Bugs / Problems in iOS Client with Microsoft 365

Options
TheGeneralist
TheGeneralist
Community Member

Hello folks,
I'm experiencing multiple problems / bugs with the iOS Client of 1Password in connection with company Microsoft 365 Apps (e.g. MS Teams, Yammer, MS Todo, Sharepoint etc.). Those problems together make up a severe hindrance to log into those apps, making it extremely difficult to use 1Password here (...in contrast to almost any other apps and websites, where 1Password usually behaves quite flawlessly and is a great support in my daily digital life!).
Behaviour as follows:

Problem #1: starting on the Microsoft 365 app login screen...

...the Microsoft 365 Password entries needed here are not found, but other entries are shown:

...so I have to click on "1Password", which leads to the next screen (after successful FaceID Login)...

...here also the correct entries are not detected (Problem #1 again), so I have to click on the "Search All Vaults" field, which directly leads to
Problem #2: as soon as "Search All Vaults" field is selected, the on-screen keyboard (which is present on the screen before) vanishes reproducibly, leaving me behind without a means to search within the huge number of 1Password entries. So I have to scroll down the list and find the Microsoft 365 Passwords manually, which takes a lot of time:

When I finally found the correct entry and click on it, the following screen appears, leading to
Problem #3: when clicking on "AutoFill" on the next screen, the AutoFill usually does not fill in anything in the Microsoft app (works only in about 30% of the cases, never at 1st try! - not clear to me under which conditions it works and when it doesn't work).
This starts the whole PITA process again, taking huuuuge amounts of time until the password has finally been filled in.

To sum it up, this is quite an atypical behaviour, as normally 1Password really supports extremely well here, in the Browser as well as with In-App Password entries.
Would be nice to see some improvement here in the future...

Thanks, best regards
TheGeneralist

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.4
Sync Type: 1Password Server (Subscription)

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TheGeneralist!

Is the 1Password entry that you named PIN Office 365 (Teams, SharePoint etc.) a Login item, or a Password item? If it's a login item, what is the value of its website field?

• TheGeneralist
    TheGeneralist
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana,

thanks a lot for your swift reaction! πŸ‘πŸΌ
    The named entry is a login item, the website value is "sharepoint-df.com"

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TheGeneralist:

Thank you for the confirmation! Can you try adding also "microsoft.com" as an additional website entry to this Login item? If you notice in all your screenshots, the Microsoft iOS apps are exposing the microsoft.com domain, not the sharepoint-df.com domain. So 1Password is not showing you this item as an option, because for 1Password this is a different website :+1:

• TheGeneralist
    TheGeneralist
    Community Member
    Options

Well...that does the trick, thanks a lot! πŸ‘πŸΌ
    This most likely won't change the behaviour of the Problems #2 and #3 I mentioned above, but as it seems to completely resolve Problem #1, the other two are not relevant anymore, at least not in this constellation...

Very good to know also that it is so easy to resolve the problem of the wrong entries being found in certain constellations, which I also had before with other apps or websites - although the GUI of 1Password is quite intuitive and even contains the domain which is used for matching as you just pointed out, I honestly didn't come to the conclusion to just enter this domain in the entry up to now...πŸ˜‰

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TheGeneralist:

You are welcome! I am quite sure this will solve also #3 by the way, since that is exactly what the warning in your last screenshot was referring to :)

• TheGeneralist
    TheGeneralist
    Community Member
    Options

Well...really impressive support from you, @ag_ana !
    You managed to resolve my problem in less than one hour - that's far above what I would have expected! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
    Thanks a lot! 🀝

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the kind words @TheGeneralist, I am happy I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful weekendΒ :)

This discussion has been closed.