1Password 7 Mac not syncing

Options
zendnez
zendnez
Community Member

Hi. This has been going on for a while and finally hit a point of frustration.

I use several different browsers on the Mac - Edge, Safari, Brave. On browsers other than Safari, I am using the cloud-based versions because I can't consistently get integration with the native version of 1Password to work. This means that I am reliant on cloud-based sync.

When 1Password entries are created or modified using the browser version, those changes do not get reflected in the Mac version for a very long time (or until I manually fully quit and restart the app). This is very frustrating because there are auth flows that I use that sometimes require flipping between browser and client.

I have seen other similar reports. This is a real problem - is it being investigated? Is there anything I can do to help?

This is happening for me on 2 Macs - both M1 running Big Sur. One is Mini, one is an Air. All with latest Apple updates and the latest release channel build of 1Password (7.7).

Please help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi @zendnez

We're aware of a situation some customers are encountering where 1Password for Mac doesn't maintain its connection to 1Password.com as expected and as a result items don't appear in the app promptly. Locking and unlocking, switching vaults, or adding/editing an item in 1Password for Mac will trigger the connection to be re-established. Our development team has written changes they hope will address this, and those changes will be included in an upcoming beta release of 1Password for Mac so we can verify those changes do indeed have the intended effect (and don't cause other problems) before rolling them out.

If you'd like to switch to the beta channel so you can try those changes when they become available you can learn about how to do that here:

Use 1Password beta releases

I hope that helps.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4835

• JLafranca
    JLafranca
    Community Member
    Options

Hi!

I have the same problem running the latest version of 1Password on a M1 Mac mini with macOS Big Sur. I will try the beta release or wait patiently on the next stable release. :)

BW,
    Jeff

• @JLafranca

Let us know how it goes.

• zendnez
    zendnez
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @Ben and @JLafranca . I'm always hesitant to run 1Password betas because 1Password is the most critical piece of software I run.

The 7.7.1 beta cycle has been running since November. If it's going to continue for a while, can you please consider backporting this particular fix to the release branch? Sync is really critical functionality and this issue is causing real problems.

I may resort to running betas when I see this fix mentioned in release notes, but I'd honestly rather not.

Thanks again!

• zendnez
    zendnez
    Community Member
    Options

When @Ben said a beta fixwas coming, he really meant it. I'll give 7.7.1 b8 a shot. Thanks.

• @zendnez

Please let us know how it goes.

• zendnez
    zendnez
    Community Member
    Options

The current beta does seem to address the sync issue. It's back to being near real time. I'll let you know if I see otherwise. Thanks!

• @zendnez

Excellent!

This discussion has been closed.