What are all these Android Logins?

jda54669
jda54669
Community Member
edited February 2021 in Android

I'm new to 1Password and imported all my logins from Chrome. I'm cleaning up the list and deleting ones I don't need and noticed that there are a whole bunch of entries that have no info for what website it's for. They are only listed as "Login". The Website associated with it is listed as: Andriod:// + a whole bunch of random characters. At the very end of these characters is the clue to the actual website. For example, Reddit.

If there is already a saved Reddit Login username and password on my list, why do I need these Android logins? Can they be deleted?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @jda54669, welcome to the Forum!

It sounds like an issue might've occurred during the data migration from Chrome to 1Password. Could you provide a screenshot of an example? Be sure to blur any sensitive information.

• jda54669
    jda54669
    Community Member

Here is one of them. It's a login to Fedex, but I already have a saved login for Fedex. Seems like these are redundant.

• jda54669
    jda54669
    Community Member

I deleted the above login and from my phone and I then found the stored Fed Ex login and it worked fine. So I guess these are duplicates and I will delete them.

• @jda54669, this is certainly peculiar. I wouldn't ask you to delete any data unless I was certain, so I will ask our development team first and get back to you.

• ag_audrey
    edited February 2021

@jda54669, thank you very much for your patience.

The development team has confirmed that these Logins are for Android apps. It seems you saved passwords in your Google Keyboard for apps, and Chrome may have treated these as Logins for websites when exporting your data.

However, 1Password does not look for app IDs in the website field. Instead, 1Password links apps after you've successfully used a Login to sign into the app once. For example, if you use your original FedEx Login with the website URL to fill in your FedEx app, then 1Password will link the app with the Login. You can check this by scrolling down your FedEx item and seeing the app under Linked apps.

As a safety precaution, I'd recommend that you log into all of your Android apps with your original Logins before deleting these Logins. If you'd like to delete them straight away, just make sure you're deleting duplicate Logins!

I hope that helps clarify everything, and please let me know if you have any further questions :)

• jda54669
    jda54669
    Community Member

ok. I did each one to change the passwords and made sure they worked then I deleted the Android logins.

Thank you for looking into this for me.

• I'm glad that ag_audrey was able to help out!

This discussion has been closed.