"Mrc Converter Suite" Issue - Firefox 85.0.2 (64-bit)

Options
fourthaspersion
fourthaspersion
Community Member
edited February 2021 in Mac

Hi there!

While trying to setup my new account I had no issues whatsoever transferring my LastPass CSV data, but when it comes to my Logins & Passwords from the Firefox Extension's proprietary Password Manager, the mrc-converter-suite won't work for me.
I'm aware I could do it manually but I'd rather not, unless there's no other alternative.

So.. running "macOSConvertHelper" and selecting firefox, I enter my Master Password (Primary Password) into Terminal and even added a Master Password since I didn't have one before and it didn't work either - but it fails to execute, stating password is incorrect (it isn't)

Loving your app so far, learning curve is a little steep but the features are outstanding. Another issue (non-issue actually) is that living in Europe I got a .com instead of .eu account, but I don't see how that affects anything at all so it's fine.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Firefox 1.23.1
OS Version: Os Big Sur 11.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fourthaspersion! Welcome to the forum!

Another issue (non-issue actually) is that living in Europe I got a .com instead of .eu account, but I don't see how that affects anything at all so it's fine.

I will let MrC address your converter question, but I wanted to mention that you can indeed change the region of your account, in case you wanted to ;)

Change your region

• fourthaspersion
    fourthaspersion
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @ag_ana

Thanks for the prompt answer and glad to have found you after LastPass got worse and worse for me personally. If I'm going to pay for a password manager, I'd rather go for best-in-class.

Changing the region involves creating a new account and migrating the data, right? Since I'm being billed in the right currency is there any practical difference to justify changing the region? Especially since I'm currently on my 14-day Free Trial and wouldn't want that to affect it somehow..

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fourthaspersion:

Changing the region involves creating a new account and migrating the data, right?

Correct :+1:

Since I'm being billed in the right currency is there any practical difference to justify changing the region? Especially since I'm currently on my 14-day Free Trial and wouldn't want that to affect it somehow..

If you are billed in the right currency already, then there is no real difference other than data location. If that is not an important factor for you (and 1Password data is encrypted regardless of region), then there won't be any real difference going from one to the other.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@fourthaspersion

but when it comes to my Logins & Passwords from the Firefox Extension's proprietary Password Manager, the mrc-converter-suite won't work for me.
    I'm aware I could do it manually but I'd rather not, unless there's no other alternative.

So.. running "macOSConvertHelper" and selecting firefox, I enter my Master Password (Primary Password) into Terminal and even added a Master Password since I didn't have one before and it didn't work either - but it fails to execute, stating password is incorrect (it isn't)

You are correct. I haven't tested this converter in a while, and you are the first person to mention this.

Firefox changed the algorithm it uses to encrypt the primary password. It will take me some time to implement the change, and I'm a bit too busy right now.

The good news is that Firefox can export your passwords as CSV now. Go to it's Preferences > Privacy & Security > Logins and Passwords, and click the Saved Logins... button. In the upper right, there is an ellipsis - click that and select Export Logins..., and enter your password as required. Save the CSV to your Desktop. You can edit that CSV file to make it work with the csv converter.

• fourthaspersion
    fourthaspersion
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC Ok, that was easy.. 😁

Well, thanks for the info and obviously for creating the app in the first place. Must have taken you long plus updating everything on a constant basis must be a pain..
    Hopefully you’re getting some type of compensation for it, seems just fair to me.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Have a nice weekend too @fourthaspersion, thank you!

This discussion has been closed.