Coming from LastPass, using family trial, have some suggestions...

semja
semja
Community Member

So,

Since LastPass stopped their Free version on both mobile and desktop, I decided to start a trial for 1Password. However, there are many features I find lacking compared to LastPass.

One is not being able to copy-paste a random suggested password in case your autofill doesn't work or being able to modify the suggestion in the autofill overlay (LastPass does this, extremely convenient). I may have to put that password into other things quickly, and I really don't want to go have to go back to the site, log back in, and copy it. Minor side point, I also use Opera so it doesn't appear in my extensions bar next to the URL either...but I can unlock with Shift + Command + X shortcut.

The second major one is being able to set some sort of timer for how often it logs me out. I get the security benefit over LastPass leaving you logged in forever, but that should be user choice. I don't want to type in my long master password 100x a day.

Thanks for your time. I understand that your support team is pretty good about adding features, and these don't seem like difficult things to fix.

Best,

Jim

1Password Version: Don't use desktop
Extension Version: 1.23.0
OS Version: OSX Mojave
Sync Type: Opera browser (no slot for this)

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @semja! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the feedback! I can already address one of the two points:

The second major one is being able to set some sort of timer for how often it logs me out. I get the security benefit over LastPass leaving you logged in forever, but that should be user choice. I don't want to type in my long master password 100x a day.

This can already be done in the browser extension settings, if that is what you are referring to:

• semja
    semja
    Community Member

I do not see any such thing in Opera. Maybe that's only in Chrome?

Do I need the desktop version...?

• semja
    semja
    Community Member

Never mind, had to pin the extension. Never noticed that change to the Chromium features...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@semja:

It's a recent change indeed :)

• semja
    semja
    Community Member

Still those other features are worth changing. One thing I'd like to ask for, is to remove the cap of 999 minutes on the password timeout. Should be a simple max value change I would hope. I'd like to have it be once per X days not once every 16 hrs.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback :+1:

This discussion has been closed.