Secret Key Conundrum

Options
jzehr39158
jzehr39158
Community Member

Try as I might, I cannot find my Secret Key or Emergency Kit. The documentation instructs me to log in to my account to find the SK, but the login page requires my Secret Key!!!

I have an order number and a 42-character license key (it starts with 331-SD2) but it doesn't give me joy. I used the form at the Support page, but all I get is a canned email, which isn't very helpful.

Suggestions?

PS. I emailed this question to support@1password.com but haven't heard back from them and I'm kinda pressed for time.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jzehr39158!

The Emergency Kit is not the only place where you can retrieve your Secret Key. You can also get it, for example, from inside the 1Password app directly if you have added your account to it already:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

PS. I emailed this question to support@1password.com but haven't heard back from them and I'm kinda pressed for time.

Have you received a ticket number already?

• jzehr39158
    jzehr39158
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, but logging in requires that I know my Secret Key so I can log in to the website. No. I don't have a ticket number, unless it's #KYC-38961-952.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jzehr39158:

That would be it, thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: KYC-38961-952

• jzehr39158
    jzehr39158
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. Any idea when that might be?

• jzehr39158
    jzehr39158
    Community Member
    Options

HELP...!

• @jzehr39158

Do you have one of your devices available that is associated with your account? If so, you can find your Secret Key within the apps. I have included the link below as I do not know which device you are working with.

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

• jzehr39158
    jzehr39158
    Community Member
    Options

When I do that, I am prompted to "Sign in to your 1Password Account". I click the "+" sign to add the account. If I try to enter the account details manually, I'm asked for the Secret Key, which is exactly what I DON'T have.

• jzehr39158
    jzehr39158
    Community Member
    Options

My SW version is 7.2.5. I have an order number and I have a license. Other than that (and a 39 character code that doesn't work), I do not know what to do or where to look.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jzehr39158:

I have an order number and I have a license.

If you purchased a license, and not a subscription, then you do not have a Secret Key. I think it will help if we take a look at your actual order information so we can make sure what you purchased. For privacy reasons we are unable to check that here on a public forum, but we can do that via email. I understand that it will take a little bit longer since it's the weekend, but we do get back to every email in the order we receive them, so please hang in there and someone will be with you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.