Moving (or syncing) my old vault to my 1Password account

Options

I bought 1Password standalone a few years ago for my Mac (it was version 6). I have been using it for years with Dropbox sync. It works great with syncing between my Mac and my iPhone. I just downloaded 1Password 7 for Windows today and couldn't sync it with my old vault. The 1Password app says it needs a .opvault or .agilekeychain file. I can't make heads or tails of this. The only files and folders in my Dropbox folder is a .ws.agile.1Password.settings file and a MyVault.hvault folder. I thought I needed an account, so I just signed up for a personal account. I still can't sync or import my old vault to my 1Password 7 app on Windows. Can someone please help me?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @baardbi! Welcome to the forum!

The 1Password app says it needs a .opvault or .agilekeychain file.

That's correct, 1Password data is stored in a .opvault or .agilekeychain file in your Dropbox folder, if that is your sync method.

If you are already using this vault in 1Password for Mac, you can check where it is stored exactly: open 1Password for Mac and go to Preferences > Sync tab, you should see the location of your sync folder there.

The default location is in Dropbox > Apps > 1Password, but it may also be in Dropbox > 1Password or elsewhere, depending on how you configured it.

• baardbi
    baardbi
    Community Member
    Options

Great. Thank for the quick reply.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @baardbi! Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help :)

This discussion has been closed.