Use generated password while resetting a password

I am resetting a password for an account where 1password somehow saved the incorrect credentials (long story, my experience with the software has been atrocious, to put it mildly). When i am in the reset password section (image attached titled step 1) I keep the cursor in the field password (the top field) and choose generated password from 1password. It promptly populates the second field titled confirm password. This is the second image attached titled step 2. No way to use 1 password to generate passwords when resetting a password? I obviously cannot copy and paste this, how am I to use this piece of software to generate a strong, secure password that I can actually use?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.23.0
OS Version: windows 10 os build 19041.804
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @abelinc! Welcome to the forum!

I am not sure what happened with the screenshots but they are very small, are you able to upload them again in their original size?

In the meantime, if you need to copy and paste a password that you have already generated, you can do so inside 1Password > Passwords category: every password generated by the password generator gets automatically saved there in case you need to retrieve it afterwards :+1:

This discussion has been closed.