Autofill not working

LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member

Autofill does not work on the following site. Yet, tapping on “Passwords” opens 1Password and the login for this site is displayed and tapping that fills the credential fields. Why doesn’t Autofill work to begin with? Autofill works fine with four other password managers I downloaded to try. Thanks.

https://fim.mymedaccess.com/

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LarryMcJ!

Autofill does not work on the following site. Yet, tapping on “Passwords” opens 1Password and the login for this site is displayed and tapping that fills the credential fields.

Can you please elaborate on what happens on that website exactly? From what you are writing, it looks like you were able to fill your credentials on the site.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

For all other iOS 1Password logins, this is the process:

1. Long-press the URL to open the login page in Safari.
    2. Tap the large blue button below "Would you like to login to XXXXX using 1Password?" and the login credentials are filled.
    3. Tap SUBMIT.

With this particular login:

1. Long-press the URL to open the login page in Safari.
    2. There is no blue button, only the word "Passwords" at the top of the keyboard.
    3. Tap "Passwords", which opens 1Password (after authenticating again).
    4. The desired login is already displayed (so 1Password knew it). Tap the login.
    5. I'm taken back to the login page and the credentials are filled.
    6. Tap SUBMIT.

Why do I have to start in 1Password, go to the login page, go back to 1Password, then back to the login page, and perform the additional steps? Seems circuitous and doesn't happen with other logins...or other password managers for this particular login.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@LarryMcJ:

Do you perhaps have multiple Login items for this website?

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

No multiple logins. I also tried recreating the login during a new sign-in...same results.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

@ag_ana - any update? Thanks.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

Five days with no solution seems out of character for 1Password support. If it simply can’t be fixed, I can accept that. I’d just like some closure so I can move on from it. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@LarryMcJ:

Just to make sure we are on the same page, autofill is indeed working for you, is it not? You are not having to copy-paste information in order to login, everything is working through the autofill extension already, but you would just like to login automatically with less steps (without tapping on the Passwords field above the keyboard), correct?

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

Autofill is indeed working...but this particular login is the ONLY one of over 150 that requires starting with 1Password, attempting to log in, being sent back to 1Password, then back to the website. Six steps vs. three steps with all other logins. I'd blame the website and not 1Password, except several other password managers I tried work the same with this login as with other logins...that being the way 1Password works with all my other logins.

I'm almost sorry I posted the question, and if this simply can't be made to work "normally" in 1Password, I understand and I'll have to live with it.. But since I access this site a lot, it's sort of annoying. I consider 1Password as a gold standard of password managers so it's difficult to accept when several inferior apps work just fine with this. I do appreciate your help, ag_ana!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@LarryMcJ:

I actually see the same behavior on that website on my iOS device. I will be happy to ask the rest of the team if anyone has any idea why this website is behaving differently, and I can post back with an update as soon as I get one :+1:

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

Thanks ag_ana. If you determine this is being caused by the website, I'll be happy to reach out to them. Thanks again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@LarryMcJ:

I was pointed to a discussion on the forum where one of our developers shared some information about this. In summary, it is still a mistery :)

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

Thanks, ag_ana.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome!

This discussion has been closed.