"We are unable to reach the server..." error

Hi,

I'm getting the error ""We are unable to reach the server. Please check your internet connection and try again" every time I select "Save Login" from my brave browser's 1pw extension. The connection is fine, I can see multiple other sites. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 1pw, it didn't fix the problem. The page I'm trying to save just has a popup choice field and a check box. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

-Brian

1Password Version: should be the latest, I just reinstalled
Extension Version: should be the latest, I just reinstalled
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• Hey @bmahoney59. Do you have any proxies/VPNs/antivirus/etc. installed and running on your system that might be interfering with the secure connection?

• bmahoney59
    bmahoney59
    Community Member

No proxies/VPNs. I use Webroot for security, but I've been using it for years and it's never been an issue. I can turn it off, but the pages I'm having the problem with aren't available all the time (and not right now), so I can't test until they come up again. When I test on another site's form, it works fine. Is there anything you can suggest that might help me when I have access to those pages again?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bmahoney59:

Are you able to share the URL of this website so we can test it?

• bmahoney59
    bmahoney59
    Community Member

Unfortunately, I'm not. It's part of a vaccine sign-up site and the pages only come up when spaces become available. So they only come up once in a while then they disappear when the slot gets taken.

• Hello @bmahoney59,

We are interested and willing to try our chance with the link when it is available. However, if you can't share it, we will keep an eye out for this issue if it occurs on another website. In the meantime, please try these steps to see if we can make a difference or not.

Right-click the 1Password icon on the browser toolbar > Settings > Scroll down to "Accounts & vaults" > Sign out and Sign in again.

If that doesn't work, please send me a copy of 1Password's logs with the steps here to our support page, and we will be with you shortly. https://support.1password.com/contact-us/.

For security reasons, please don't send your logs here.

• bmahoney59
    bmahoney59
    Community Member

Yeah, I already totally uninstalled and reinstalled. Should I follow those log steps log right after I get the error?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Yes please @bmahoney59 :+1:

This discussion has been closed.