Installing V6 for Family member (Apple)

Greavsie01
Greavsie01
Community Member
edited February 2021 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

HI
I purchased the one of licence of 1Password (3/4) and run V6 myself and want to install on my daughters Mac book. She was on a subscription model which has now expired. I have create a new account (with new email address) but when I try and start the 1Passwrod on her iphone it seems to find old vault on iCloud. I also want to leverage off the family status on App Store. I can only seem to run the trail version with subscription model. How can I move her under my account and also delete the old vault on iCloud. Thanks

Simon

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Catalina
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Greavsie01! Welcome to the forum!

She was on a subscription model which has now expired. I have create a new account (with new email address) but when I try and start the 1Passwrod on her iphone it seems to find old vault on iCloud.

Can you please clarify this part? Did you create a new subscription account for this? From what you are writing, it sounds like you are asking how to use the license you purchased in the past, rather than how to create a new account with a separate subscription, although I might be misunderstanding what you mean.

• Greavsie01
    Greavsie01
    Community Member

Thanks for prompt response. As her iCloud seem to have old vault (subsciprtion) I can't setup Apple App (even after delete app and reinstalling) as it still find old vault. On the Mac I can only setup trail as iCloud has old Vault. Thanks Simon

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Greavsie01:

I can't setup Apple App (even after delete app and reinstalling) as it still find old vault.

Where is the new vault that you would like to use?

• Greavsie01
    Greavsie01
    Community Member

I can only create a stand alone as the iCloud one is the orginal subsciption one which is locked anyway and I dont want to use anyway

• Greavsie01
    Greavsie01
    Community Member

I have managed to delete the Vault (subsciption one) but can't find option to start iCloud Vault on both Mac or iOS

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Greavsie01:

I can only create a stand alone as the iCloud one is the orginal subsciption one

Vaults stored on iCloud are not vaults connected to the subscription option, they are unrelated.

For confirmation, are you looking to start with a new, empty vault on your daughter's Mac, which you will then sync to iCloud?

• Greavsie01
    Greavsie01
    Community Member

Yep, exactly that

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Greavsie01:

Got it! In this case, the quickest way would be to reset the 1Password app and start with a clean slate:

How to reset the 1Password app on a specific device

When you launch the app again, select the option to create a new vault. You will be prompted to enter a new Master Password for this vault, which you can then sync with iCloud:

How to sync 1Password with iCloud

This discussion has been closed.