Sharing local keyvault from Windows with iOS without Dropbox/iCloud - is there a solution currently?

AndreasW2
AndreasW2
Community Member
edited February 2021 in iOS

Good evening,

today I bought myself a Desktop License for 1Password 7 and I love the tool. The two key requirements of my purchase were: 1)no subscription and 2)no cloud I do not control myself (please lets not go down that route, I think this has been discussed very often here :)).

Now when I wanted to bring my keyvault to my iPhone, I was upset - because it only lets me login into the 1Password.com, Dropbox or iCloud Account. Since I run Windows, not Mac, I dont have the option of the WIFI Server either.

I spent two hours to find a potential solution, which I was not successful with. What I found was a statement from the company that they will never ever implement WebDav (for whatever reason) and that iOS does not allow local file storage/access to these files currently.

So my question is: is there a solution for my requiements currently?

And if not: is there a roadmap/timeline to a solution?

Thanks
Andreas

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AndreasW2!

So my question is: is there a solution for my requiements currently?

Yes, we built 1Password.com exactly for this reason :+1: You can sync your data on all your devices, regardless of the platform they are using:

1Password membership

If you don't want to use this because of the subscription and because it uses the cloud, I am not aware of a way to do what you are trying to do I am afraid.

And if not: is there a roadmap/timeline to a solution?

We have no plans to support additional sync methods at the moment. We built 1Password.com exactly to avoid having to rely on a third-party service to sync your data. Our own sync service does not have any limitations whatsoever, and is therefore the best method available to sync your data. 1Password.com does not limit us and our 1Password Membership customers when it comes to how many devices or which platforms they are using and is therefore already our recommended option.

This discussion has been closed.