Save popup when pressing submit/register/...

Options

I am coming from LastPass and so far I love 1password!
There is only 1 feature that I am missing (or cannot find?) that abrupts my workflow.
When you register/update credentials in LastPass it shows a popup after you press submit/register to update or save your credentials.
In 1Password you have to manually press the button when creating the account.
This works great when you choose a suggested password but sometimes I use a self chosen password and in this case I might forget to add it.

While searching trough this platform I found a lot of information that this should word and might also not work.
I am using the chrome extension and I have the desktop application installed.

Also I found this thread:
https://1password.community/discussion/comment/518633/#Comment_518633
But like I tried to describe here is that this is something I might forget.
Also in this thread it says it is passed to the team but I am not sure if this is something they are consedering as feature in the near future?

Thanks in advance for the help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hey @joeydriessen ,
    Thanks for bringing this up.

This is a feature that we have been exploring for quite a while on how to implement correctly, and so far it doesn't seem like there's a simple way to make such a feature 100% accurate, meaning it will trigger in some cases and ask you if you want to save even though it really shouldn't at all, which might overwrite important data and cause data loss if the user approves, which is a big no-no.

There's still a lot of debate on the matter, and I do think it will be implemented at some point, we're just discussing the how's and when's of it all.

I've added your request here to the feature's log, alongside other users who have also requested it.
    Thank you kindly for the feedback and welcome to 1Password :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#272

• joeydriessen
    joeydriessen
    Community Member
    Options

That is great news hopefully you can figure it out how to make it correctly as this is such a handy feature.
    Would be certain I would miss/forget that certain accounts are changed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Our developers will continue to investigate and to discuss this for sure @joeydriessen :+1: Thank you again for your feedback!

• joeydriessen
    joeydriessen
    Community Member
    Options

Was just thinking about this feature and because you guys said it isn't actually possible (for now) to make it 100% accurate.
    Is it maybe an option to make it possible for the user to retrieve last created credentials.
    For example:
    I sign up for a site and fill in al my details and I accidently register the account (without saving to 1Password).
    Maybe I could than click on a button "save last created/user login" and I can than still save my password if I forgot to use the save feature.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@joeydriessen That is also an angle that we're exploring :)

This discussion has been closed.