Cancel editing of password when clicking on different password entry in list

Options

Good evening

there is one feature or bug (I am not quite sure) which annoys the hell out of me in 1Password (current version on Windows Desktop):

When I click on the list of passwords to edit it and I am in editing mode and I change something or nothing and then I click on a different entry in the list of passwords - it looks like the entry is being selected because the entry in the list changes color to blue (as in "I am the selected entry") but in reality the "old" selected password stays open in the screen on the right hand side in editing mode.

This really annoys me and I think is bad usability.

I would expect that once I click out of the editing part of the window and select a new password entry in the list, the following happens: If I have not changed the entry, the newly selected password should be "opened". If I have changed the entry, actually it should do the same - unless there is no versioning and no "immediate saving" of changes, then the programm should ask whether one wants to save the change or not.

Does this make sense?

Thanks
Andreas

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @andreasW2,

Thanks so much for writing in with this feedback! I popped 1Password open on my Windows device and was able to reproduce this behavior and I can definitely see where you're coming from. I can't make any promises for future changes, but I've filed an internal issue for the Development team to take this behavior into consideration. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. :smile:

ref: /dev/windows/opw/-/issues/#4972

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hey @Dayton_ag!

Please add my vote to this request. :+1:
    I often have this behavior and I hate it. So I wanted to create a topic here, but I missed it. Now @AndreasW2 created a topic and I want to sign here. ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Will do @DenalB :+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot @ag_ana! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana