Usig "open and fill in" in an email entry

swfischer
swfischer
Community Member

Hello!

I try to avoid double entries with the same password like an email account and the webmail login for the same email address. Today there are two separate entries. One is an email account and one is a login. When I add the login page of my mail provider (webmail) to the email account entry, 1PW does not fill in the password on the website. I only managed to make it fill in the email address when I create a second field with the email address in the section. A second field with the password of the email account didn’t work. I hope this is understandable....

Thanks for any advice...
Stefan

1Password Version: 7.7.1 beta 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @swfischer!

When I add the login page of my mail provider (webmail) to the email account entry, 1PW does not fill in the password on the website

Only certain categories can be filled on webpages: email accounts are not one of them. If you want to consolidate both items into a single one, I recommend using a Login account with the email information in its own section, rather than an email account with the login information :+1:

• swfischer
    swfischer
    Community Member

Thanks ...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @swfischer! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.