Why in the name of all good, would 1password unlock via Windows Hello just not work?

Options
patarok
patarok
Community Member
edited February 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Could somebody write down the exact procedure on how to get this working?
I mean i followed : https://support.1password.com/windows-hello/
But it still does not work after reboots not after resetting the windows hello fingerprints...
Nothing.
I know maybe first time after boot it needs masterpass.
But i did pass the master-pw after login and no matter what it seems the windows hello dialogue never pops up when i want to unlock a website in firefox.
What in ... name did I do wrong? I tried resetting everything several times. not a chance...
did i do something wrong when installing?
Is it possible it makes a difference if you first turn on windows hello and than set 1password prefs to use hello?
can 1password stay open when setting up windows hello? what? i really dont get it. pls help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• patarok
    patarok
    Community Member
    Options

Just a short report back on this:
    after several more times it seems possible to unlock the 1Password application with the fingerprint reader.
    So there one question left: is it also possible to unlock the browser plugin with the fingerprint reader via windows hello?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @patarok! Welcome to the forum!

after several more times it seems possible to unlock the 1Password application with the fingerprint reader.

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear this :)

So there one question left: is it also possible to unlock the browser plugin with the fingerprint reader via windows hello?

Soon! Our developers are working on integrating the desktop application with the browser extension, so unlocking one with Windows Hello will automatically unlock the other too, and viceversa :+1:

• patarok
    patarok
    Community Member
    Options

hi ag_ana,
    aahhhh .... thx. thank you. I love to hear that since its already cool to have the passwords at hand with one masterpass or by Copy&pasting from the desktop app,
    But it would feel way more natural and convenient to be able to lock and unlock desktop by browser plugin and vice versa.
    thx so much. Do you have any idea when this feature will be available or if its already in some beta?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@patarok:

But it would feel way more natural and convenient to be able to lock and unlock desktop by browser plugin and vice versa.

Absolutely agree :)

thx so much. Do you have any idea when this feature will be available or if its already in some beta?

It actually used to be in the beta. Our developers temporarily removed it to replace it with something that works even better. You can read more about it here:

Temporarily removing Desktop App Integration

This discussion has been closed.